Saturday 2 July 2011

Saturday night in Tutukaka at Oceans

WOW what a night!!!!  Now great is it when the wind is howling, and our heavy doors are protesting at the extra work they have to do to keep that wind out and our Bar and Restuarant are full.  The fire was going the music was playing and the kitchen was humming. Our great staff were buzzing around and smiling from ear to ear.

The hotel is full of happy customers and as the night is drawing to an end we are all warm inside.  The Sky TV has the Blues vs. Reds playing, (come on Blues!!!!! I want a Crusaders/Blues Final)  As a team we had a bit of a gamble, coordinated by our Executive Chef Craig, and I am in for the win with a 24- 18 win to the Blues.

I know that I am lucky to be apart of everything that Oceans has.  Our wonderful location, the fantastic team energy, our customers and our friends.  It has been like winning Lotto working in Tutukaka.

So Saturday night at Oceans saw the Saturday special of a free dessert with every main sold.  (I have always been a believer that there is seperate stomach for dessert, so there is always room no matter how yummy your main was).  To finish off this fabulous meal deal we also have $10 Cocktails!  Double Yummy, what does it mean!  So really there shouldn't be any surprise that tonight we had people waiting in the bar until a table became avaliable in our restaurant, there should be no surprise that at the moment the juke box is off as we prepare for the win in rugby, and no surprise that there is still that buzz in the restaurant.

So what was my paradise found today?  That one is easy today.  On the way back from the bar, on my way home, I was stopped in the hallway by two of our guests, who with great excitment informed me how wonderful their meal had been, how great our staff were and how much they were enjoying their stay.  I was so very proud to be standing with them there hearing those words and the genuine way in which they were given.  The icing on the cake was when they informed me they were already planning on coming back in February for a week.  There is no better feeling in the world than hearing that from someone, knowing how hard your team work, knowing how much your team really do care and knowing that it was being appreciated.

So this blog is for my team at the new Oceans Resort Hotel, thank you!  You know that we appreciate you and you know that we love working with you.  I am thrilled that our guests are seeing how special you all are too.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I dare say that Mother Nature will still be flexing her muscles in the morning and we will wake up again to the fresh crisp snap in the air.  But is it SUNDAY and that brings us the $28 Carvery Buffet Lunch,  YUMMY.  See you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment