Monday 4 July 2011

Monday Pub Night at Oceans Tutukaka

So again we find ourselves at the start of the week.  Not a bad thing when you get to live and work in Tutukaka, you hear the usual groan of Monday-itis from others, the weekly plod that starts most working weeks.  But not here.  No sir.

Monday night is Pub night at Oceans.  $15 for a meal including a glass of wine or beer, now that alone is a great reason to welcome Monday.   hmmmmm I hear you say, still that doesn't make for a great Monday, and I reply with the ever famous buy TV quip, "but wait there's more!".  Free pool as well!  Want me to seal the deal for you also?....... Winter outside, cold wind and boats straining against their moorings, but inside?......... the fire is on, the lights are dimmed and when you walk in you can feel your body sigh with relief.  That does make for the perfect start to the week indeed.

Carlie and Lukasz doing the popular Oceans
Coffee thing!
As for what our team is doing, they are doing what they do best, smiling!  And what was I up to today, was writing my emails and doing up the plans for the exciting changes that the new Oceans is about to undertake.  Infact I will be so bold as to say that my Monday flew by, with a flurry.  How many others get to say that!

My meaning of life today, my paradise found was the feeling of accomplishment that today has given me.  Cleared my desk, emptied my inbox and cleaned the office, chatted with our guests, caught up with friends and watched that nasty winter day being denied entry into our warm restaurant and bar.  That has indeed made Monday a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment