Friday 15 July 2011

Liquid Sunshine

WOW we had the best day ever for not knowing what was going to happen with the sun.  It was a constant game of Sun out, sun hide.  Everytime it hid there was a shower, sometimes heavy, which is fun to hear.  Other times it was like liquid sunshine.  Regardless of the sun shining or the rain falling it was still warmish, bit of a cold wind and nip in the air, but not like I use to experience in Christchurch at this time of year.



We opened our doors for trading at 11am and the coffee machine had no time to prepare.  But like the good machine it is she pushed through until everyone had had their caffine fix.

Being Friday, I really no longer need to tell you what that is like for the Oceans Bar.  It is a chance for everyone to come together, say good bye to the week and say hello to the weekend.  I love Friday nights, even better that we have the rugby on.  ITM Cup has started and we look forward to the games ahead.  No secret I will be supporting Canterbury:)

PLUS, Exciting time heading from Whangarei towards Tutukaka now, we have traffic lights:)  Sure they are there only short term but regardless they are still stopping traffic.  Not something you see often here on the coast that is for sure.

Tomorrow is Saturday and at the moment I am really interested to know what the sun will decide to do.  Regardless of that result, our fire will be on and we will be warm inside drinking a fine glass of red wine I am thinking.  Right I have tomorrow sorted for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment