Wednesday 1 June 2011

Jack's Birthday at Oceans

Today as a family we got to celebrate my son's Birthday.  Today was the day that I received a promotion with no payrise.  I am now Mother of 9 year old.
I remember now that when my birthday fell on a week day of school there was always that dissappointment that you had to go to school, but also that joy that you got to celebrate it with friends.  This was the same for Jack.  So to cushion the blow of school work Jack was allowed to pick where we went for dinner that night, his choice? Oceans Restaurant and Bar.
So after opening a few presents in the morning, the bus came and picked him and his sister, Nikki, up for the ride across to Ngunguru.  (If you are heading out this way, make sure you stop and have a look at the location of this school, IT IS MAGIC)

The day proved to be another wonderful day.  Tutukaka is just as beautiful during the cooler months as it is during the summer, but there is no mistaking that it is different.  Quieter.:)

Eventually Jack and Nikki got home and there was that excitement of opening the rest of the presents.  As any good parent will, we gave him the dreaded clothes presents first.  Very proud in the fact that he still acted thankful, but (and our video will show) there was very little excitement.  But then the lego and tran set and remote control cars and all that fun stuff that 9 year olds like was enthusiastically shed of their paper wraping.  YAY we felt proud that we had been able to give Jack these gifts.

Then later, after the mess of scraps and, wire and plastic (EVERYTHING has those stupid wires that hold things in place) we got to go down stairs for dinner.  Steve ordered the Homemade pie, I had the dumplings, eye fillet and sticky date pudding, Jack had the homemade burger and nikki had the chicken.  Both children followed this with Ice Cream Sundaes and the staff and put a candle on Jacks.  Still yet to know the wish, can't trick them anymore, well not as easily.  With Jack and Nikki's Milkshakes, my Large Coke and Steve's Tiger Beer's we have been able to roll back to the apartment feeling VERY full and somehow we all have that Christmas feeling.

Kids showered, brushed and put to bed, Steve on the couch watching television and myself, typing away on my computer telling a cyber beast of my day and we will wait for tomorrow.  And at 10.38pm in 1 hour and 7 minutes I will be able to boast that 9 years ago exactly to the minute I had introduced the world to the most wonderful son you could ever hope of meeting.  And really I think the world owes me a thankyou at 10.38pm tonight for giving such a perfect little soul to this world.

Happy Birthday Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment